The 45 Degree Automatic Flammability Tester is used for the determination of the flammability of clothing textiles. It measures the intensity and speed of burning of flammable textiles once they are ignited. It can also test the damaged area and damaged length of textile fabrics at 45° and heated. The number of exposures to flame when melting to a specified length.
1. Burning intensity and speed test
Liu Gong from the Technical Department of Beijing Xinsheng Zhuorui Technology Co., Ltd. pointed out that under the specified conditions, place the sample at an angle of 45°, ignite the sample for 1 s, and burn the sample upward with flame for a certain distance. A measure to assess the severity of burning of the textile. For fabrics with raised surface, the ignition or melting of the base fabric is used as an additional indicator of the intensity of combustion.
2. Damaged area and damaged length test
Under the specified test conditions, ignite the textile samples in the 45° direction, and measure the afterburning and smoldering time, damage area and damage length of the fabric after burning.
3. Number of exposure to flame test
Under the specified test conditions, ignite the textile sample in the 45° direction, and measure the number of times the fabric needs to touch the flame at a distance of 90 mm from the lower end of the sample.
1. The gas tank of the combustion tester should have a pressure reducing valve, and the main valve should be closed and opened reliably.
2. Two people should be present during the combustion test of the combustion tester. One person is responsible for the operation of the sample test, and the other is responsible for supervising. Before the test, check whether the gas pipeline is leaking. Check whether it is sealed to avoid accidents. During the test, the tester in charge of supervision approached the main valve of the gas tank, closed the main valve in time if any abnormality was found, and found the cause. After the test, the main valve must be closed tightly.
3. The test chamber of the combustion tester should be installed in a test cabinet with non-current air but with natural ventilation. During the test, the air flow should be prevented to prevent the burner from flashing back. At the end of the test, the fan can be started to remove the flue gas.
4. The input power supply of the combustion tester is AC220V±10%, and a three-pole socket with a ground wire is used to ensure reliable grounding.
5. When the combustion tester is electrically controlled, the time relay must control the burner to return to its original position after the time is up.
6. The laboratory of the combustion tester shall be equipped with fire extinguishing equipment. Check the gas circuit regularly.
7. The burner should not be hit by heavy objects or bent vigorously, so as not to damage the burner and affect the test.
8. When using the weight stop switch, the weight does not need to be suspended too high to protect the stop switch.
9. Be careful to clean the test chamber for burning residues and burn marks on the specimen holder and inner walls.
10. The instrument is a metal product, which is easy to rust when exposed to moisture for a long time. The test environment should be kept dry and anti-rust treatment should be carried out regularly.
Achieve the maintenance of the 45 Degree Automatic Flammability Tester above 10 points, then congratulations: you have saved a lot of extra costs. Friends who have purchased UV aging test boxes, please leave us a message!
Copyright 2022：Qinsun Instruments Co., Limited