The fabric vertical flammability tester is mainly used for testing the flame retardant properties of clothing fabrics, decorative fabrics, tent fabrics, etc., and is also suitable for testing the flame retardant properties of rubber/plastics and other materials with flame retardant requirements.
What are the factors affecting the combustion performance of fabrics?
1. Materials: Each fiber material has its own combustion characteristics, for example, polyester has the phenomenon of molten drops in combustion. Different moisture regain of different raw materials will also affect the heat absorption and release during combustion.
2. Fabric texture and weight: Under the condition of consistent fabric materials, the shorter the average floating length of fabric texture, the heavier the fabric weight and the higher the limiting oxygen index of fabric.
3. Flame retardant finishing of fabric: After flame retardant finishing of fabric, its flammability is reduced.
4. Test conditions: The volume of the test box affects the oxygen content in the combustion environment. Test the distance between flame and sample, the length of flame affects the way of fabric ignition, and the ignition time directly affects the intensity of combustion.
Vertical flammability tester Test principle:
Use the flame generated by the specified igniter to ignite the center of the bottom edge of the sample in the vertical direction. After the specified ignition time, measure the afterburning time, smoldering time and damage length of the sample.
Composition of instruments and equipment and coordination of various components:
1. Test box body, the side and top of which are provided with standard ventilation holes. The cabinet door should be embedded with transparent refractory glass, so that the fabric vertical burn tester can observe the burning condition of the sample.
2. Sample clamp and its fixing device. The sample clamp is provided with barbs, which are hung on the sample clamp bracket at the upper part of the box body, and the middle part of the box body is also provided with a fixing device to ensure that the sample is maintained in the vertical direction.
3. Ignition timing system. The ignition timing system of the instrument is independent of the test box. The control of ignition time is different according to different standards. One is to control the time of gas introduction, and after reaching the standard time, the gas is turned off and the external combustion is stopped. One is to move the flame position away from the sample after the standard ignition time.
4. The timing device starts timing manually. Test this to observe the fabric surface state and press the switch to time.
Copyright 2022：Qinsun Instruments Co., Limited