1. According to national standards and relevant regulations, explain the use and restrictions of biosafety cabinets to all users who may use them. Written regulations or safety manuals or operation manuals should be sent to the staff. Especially, it is necessary to clearly inform the staff that in the event of splashing, breakage, or improper methods, the safety cabinet cannot protect the operator.
2. The safety cabinet can only be used when it is working properly.
3. The glass observation window on the front face of the safety cabinet shall not be opened when in use at the safety cabinet.
4. The instruments and materials placed inside the cabinet must be kept in the minimum quantity. The air circulation at the rear of the static pressure box must not be obstructed. Before placing materials in the work area of the safety cabinet, their surfaces should be cleaned.
5. Bunsen lamps or gas lamps are not allowed to be used inside the cabinet, as the heat generated can interfere with the airflow and may damage the filter. Micro electric incinerators can be used, but it is better to use disposable sterilization rings.
6. All work inside the cabinet should be carried out in the middle or back of the working surface and visible from the observation panel.
7. The movement behind the operator should be minimized.
8. The operator should not extend their arms back and forth into and out of the cabinet to avoid interfering with the airflow.
9. The forward delivery style grille must not be blocked by notes, droppers, or other materials, otherwise it will interfere with the airflow and may contaminate the materials, leaving personnel in an exposed state.
10. Suitable disinfectants should be used to clean the surface of the safety cabinet after each work is completed and at the end of the day.
11. The fan of the cabinet needs to run for another 5 minutes before and after work is completed.
Location of biosafety cabinets
The airflow velocity flowing into the biosafety cabinet from the opening on the front face is approximately 0.45 meters per second. At this wind speed, the consistency of unidirectional flow inside the cabinet is easily disturbed by the movement of personnel near the safety cabinet, opening windows, air supply and distribution devices, and opening and closing doors. According to the ideal arrangement, it should be placed away from activities and in areas that may interfere with airflow. Try to leave a space of 30 centimeters behind and on both sides of the safety cabinet for maintenance work. Leave a height of 30-35 centimeters above the cabinet to accurately measure the wind speed of the exhaust filter and leave enough space for the replacement of the exhaust filter.
Cleaning and disinfection of biosafety cabinets
All items inside the biosafety cabinet, including equipment, should be surface cleaned and removed from the cabinet after work is completed, as residual culture media may provide conditions for microbial growth. The inner surface of the safety cabinet should be cleaned before and after each use.
Copyright 2022：Qinsun Instruments Co., Limited