When encountering issues during the Stoll Abrasion Test, it is important to follow a troubleshooting guide to address the problems effectively. Here are some common issues and possible solutions:
1. Uneven abrasion or inconsistent results:
- Ensure that the test specimen is securely fixed in the holder without any wrinkles or creases.
- Check that the abrasion wheels are clean and free from any debris or contaminants that could affect the test results.
- Verify that the test parameters, such as load, speed, and duration, are correctly set according to the testing standard.
- Make sure that the test surface of the specimen is even and flat without any irregularities that could cause uneven abrasion.
2. Excessive or insufficient abrasion:
- Adjust the applied load to ensure it falls within the recommended range for the specific material being tested.
- Verify that the abrasion wheels are in good condition and properly aligned with the test surface.
- Check the sample holder and make sure it provides proper support and contact with the specimen.
- Consider adjusting the test speed or duration to achieve the desired level of abrasion.
3. Abrasion wheels wearing out quickly:
- Evaluate the choice of abrasion wheels and make sure they are suitable for the material being tested in terms of hardness and other properties.
- Check the test parameters, such as load and speed, to ensure they are within the recommended range for the selected abrasion wheels.
- Verify that the abrasion wheels are clean and free from any debris that could contribute to premature wear.
4. Instrument malfunction or errors:
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of the Stoll Abrasion Test equipment according to the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Check for any loose connections or damaged components that may affect the accuracy of the test results.
- Consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer for troubleshooting help if the instrument displays error messages or behaves unexpectedly.
Remember, it is important to refer to the specific user manual and guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the Stoll Abrasion Test equipment for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Copyright 2022：Qinsun Instruments Co., Limited